Feng Shui Institute of America (FSIA)
Effective August 31,2018
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your Personal Information, please contact us at this email. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals within 24 hours wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond eﬃciently to your request.
A. About Us
FSIA is an online LMS, (learning management system), platform for the purpose of education and training of individuals in areas that include feng shui certification, holistic business systems, continuing education and general public courses. We also do regular marketing to our clients, students, alumni and other miscellaneous emails lists to inform about upcoming courses, webinars and podcasts, offering both free and fee based educational programs.
The Services enable our members, clients, students, alumni and other miscellaneous emails lists to inform about upcoming courses, among other things, send and manage email campaigns and serve advertisements.
- Contact: is a person, i.e., a Member of a course or enrolled in a webinar, podcast, or free content library access, as well as alumni member. In other words, a Contact is anyone on a Member’s Distribution List or about whom a Member has given us information.
- Member: means any person or entity that is registered with us.
- PersonalInformation: means any in formation that identiﬁes, or can be used to identify a Member, a Contact, or a Visitor, directly or indirectly. Examples of Personal Information include, but are not limited to, ﬁrst and last name, email address, gender, occupation, or other demographic information.
- Visitor: means any person who visits any of our Websites.
- You and your means, depending on the context, either a Member, a Contact, or aVisitor.
C. Use of Personal Information:
We may use the information we collect through our Websites for a range of reasons, including:
- To provide, operate, optimize, and maintain our Websites.
- To send you information for marketing purposes, in accordance with your marketing preferences.
- To respond to your online inquiries and requests, and to provide you within formation; and access to resources or services that you have requested from us.
- To manage our Websites and system administration and security.
- To improve the navigation and content of our Websites.
- To identify any server problems or other IT or network issues.
- To process transactions and to setup online accounts.
- To compile aggregated statistics about site usage and to better understand our visitors, members and students.
We will make it clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your Personal information. We will also let you know prior to collection, whether the provision of the Personal Information we are collecting is compulsory or may be provided on a voluntary basis and the consequences, if any, of not providing the information.
D. Information we collect automatically through the Websites:
When you visit our Websites, we may also collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered Personal Information under applicable data protection laws.
- To carry out research and development to improve our products and services.
- To customize content and layout of theWebsites.
- To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes.
E. Public Information and Third-Party Websites
- Blog: We have public blogs on our Websites. Any information you include in a comment on our blog may be read, collected, and used by anyone. If yourPersonal Information appears on our blogs and you want it removed, contact us here. If we are unable to Remove your information, we will tell you why.
- Social media platforms and widgets. Our Web sites include social media features, such as the Facebook “Like” button. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on our Website, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly.
F. Cookies and Tracking Technologies
G. Information We Collect
Information you provide to us on the Websites or otherwise: Certain parts of our Websites may ask you to provide Personal Information voluntarily. For example, we may ask you to provide certain Personal Information (such as your name, contact details, company name, proﬁle information), in order to sign up for a free or paid–for product, course or service.
The Personal Information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked this information may be to chart your level of understanding of our materials and this information collected will provide us guidelines as where we go in our teachings as well as to gauge understanding of course materials.
H. OtherProtectionRights for Your Data
You have the following data protection rights: To access, correct, update, or request deletion of yourPersonal Information. You may contact us directly at anytime about accessing, correcting, updating, or deleting your Personal Information, or altering your data or marketing preferences by emailing us directly by clicking this hyper-link. FSIA takes reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
In addition, if you are a resident of the European geographic area that is governed by GDPR, you can object to processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing us here.
Similarly, if we have collected and processed your Personal Information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at anytime. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority